New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Sir does this tint have lesser vision during night time? Thanks!
    V-Kool V70 is clear, V40 is lighter than medium. If you want something more affordable but still with good heat rejection, try V-Kool K-series tint.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang solution dyan eh..... hindi kakayanin yan ng tints specially kung direct sunlight ka nakapark.

among the things that are alternatives:

a) buy a car cover.
    b) park in the shade.
    c) if you have a window visor, leave an inch opening sa windows para makasingaw lang yung init.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Greenhouse effect. Even if you have the most expensive tint or roof insulation, it will only buy you several minutes before the heat starts building up.

For example, if you have two identical cars with one treated with good tints and insulation, it will take a bit more time to warm up the interior of the treated car. This is effective only if you leave it in the sun for a few minutes. But if you leave both cars bathing in the sun for an hour or the whole day, both cars would be equally hot inside by the time you get to it. And ironically, the treated car would retain the cabin heat much longer than the untreated car long after the sun has set.

Tints and insulation will only slow down the heat transfer, not stop it. As many have mentioned, it can't replace a covered car park or garage.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Sir does this tint have lesser vision during night time? Thanks!
    any tint will diminish vision at night.
    some might counter, as per their experience, that it does not.
    well, that may appear to be under ordinary conditions. but in extraordinary conditions, which, i daresay, we can not predict when they will happen, the diminished ability will make itself known, often with disastrous results.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    any tint will diminish vision at night.
    some might counter, as per their experience, that it does not.
    well, that may appear to be under ordinary conditions. but in extraordinary conditions, which, i daresay, we can not predict when they will happen, the diminished ability will make itself known, often with disastrous results.
    That being said, is it the best thing not to use tint on your windshield( or atleast just use tint at the bottom and top portion of it)?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In some countries, and for good reason, it is illegal to put tints that are darker than 70% and/or having a VLT lower than 90% below the AS1 line. This line is typically 4-5 inches from the upper edge of the front windshield. Though, it can vary slightly from vehicle to vehicle. You can put a strip of tint of any shade above this line, but only tints specified above are typically allowed below the line.

There's an optical difference above and below this line. The quality of the optics below this line has better clarity than the part of glass above the line. In contrast, side windows including the rear windshield is only rated AS2 (some are even AS3) which are typically of lower clarity. Hence the importance of the front windshield's AS1 area as this is what any driver use to operate the vehicle 99% of the time.

More info on windshield markings here: Car Windshield Markings: names, sample images, meaning
    Last edited by oj88; April 22nd, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Actually, you can tint front windshields as long as VLT is 70% or higher.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, about that. I read that the tint's VLT should be 90% if using it below the AS1. At least, that is the DOT standard, as is most our own standards are roughly based on.

*Edited my previous post.
    Last edited by oj88; April 22nd, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    actually, a number of states in the USA allow front windshield tints, with at least 70% light transmittance.
    but a number of states allow absolutely no front windshield tint, except for the top 5 or 6 inches..
    what is the phillippine regulation? i don 't know.. marcos forbade tints among the common tao during his reign...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    BTT:

Aside from getting good tints, try to check your Aircon if its working properly. The quality of refrigerant can also be a factor. The difference of the cooling is almost night and day. Parang brand new car yung lamig.

Just for reference, on my mom's car with ordinary tints, no problem kahit bilad. It can cool down the cabin in a few minutes. This car was recently serviced sa casa using original freon. While on my car, AC was serviced sa Banawe using ordinary freon, its cold but not frigging cold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scorching heat inside the car