New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hello mga katsikot! I have a newbie question, hope someone can enlighten me.

Some reasons to save gas, is to have our aircon off, plus our car kicks more if the aircon is not on. But this put me to wonder if there will come a time that this may cause my car to overheat at some point due to high temp. Is my theory correct? or my radiator still produce "cool" water that circulates through out the whole car.

TIA!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your car engine actually runs cooler with a/c off. A/C off = less load on engine and less heat. If the a/c is turned on the a/c condenser actually puts out heat on the engine radiator since the condenser is in front of it. Your a/c does not cool your car's engine, sa loob lang ng cabin ang pinapalamig nyan.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^sa Focus S baliktad. When the ac is off, malapit sa 1/2 ang temp gauge ko. Pero when it is on, nasa gitna ng 1/4 at 1/2.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    different car models have different cooling fan configurations, meaning when the fan turns on.. what i have noticed on toyota Vios and and the new mirage cars.. is the cooling fans always turn on and off with the air compressor. while the fans on a Hyundai Gets is always on when the aircon is switched on regardless whether the aircon compressor is cycling on or off.. the electric fans on the Hyundai Getz thou are dual speed and will speed up if the temperature gets hotter.. i have seen Nissan cars that have overheated along the road goin to tagaytay because the main fans dont work when the aircon is switched off.. i think thought that has something to do with the wiring and maybe faulty relays.. some cars of course have dual fans.. and run indecently of each other.. meaning one fans is for the aircon condenser only and the other for the radiator.. the Hyundai Getz only has one fan.. i think the mirage also has one fan only..

another thing i have noticed also on a hyundai starex GRX is that the auxiliary fans are always on when you turn the aircon on, the starex though has one belt driven fan and two aux fans,, that are also dual speed fans. the advantages i see in these configurations alone with the always on fan of the hyundai Getz is that, with the fans always on it doesn't give the condenser time to over heat, therefore not straining the cooling system of the car and the aircon system.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i remember my old, 1970s toyota.. the aircon wouldn't get cold when in heavy traffic..
    my aircon man simply put in an aux fan, resulting in freezing cold aircon even in heavy traffic.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i remember my old, 1970s toyota.. the aircon wouldn't get cold when in heavy traffic..
    my aircon man simply put in an aux fan, resulting in freezing cold aircon even in heavy traffic.
    Sir do i have my AC UNIT be cleaned already if it behaves like this?

Or its enough by just installing aux fan?

Tnx..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post

Some reasons to save gas, is to have our aircon off, plus our car kicks more if the aircon is not on. But this put me to wonder if there will come a time that this may cause my car to overheat at some point due to high temp. Is my theory correct? or my radiator still produce "cool" water that circulates through out the whole car.

TIA!!
    on the assumption that your cooling system is ok, meaning, direcho ang daloy ng tubig sa radiator, ok ang thermostat, waterpump and sensors, it will not make your car overheat. nag kikick in kasi ang auxillary fan if the engine reaches a certain temperature so bababa ang temperature.

you will only overheat if one of the cooling system components fail or if your radiator is clogged.

gaya nga ng sinabi ko, yung auxillary fan mo should move properly, your water pump is ok, your thermostat opens and closes when needed and the temperature cooling sensor engages the auxillary fan if it reaches a certain temperature.

imho.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ian View Post
    Sir do i have my AC UNIT be cleaned already if it behaves like this?

Or its enough by just installing aux fan?

Tnx..
    anong oto? may auxillary fan naman yan eh.
    ang magiging problema mo lang is kung sira ang auxillary fan or kung mabagal ang ikot.....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post

TIA!!
    as long as ayos naman ang makina mo, esp radiator and coolant level, don't worry.

dito nga sa saudi, di hamak na mas mataas ang temp during summer (45deg ave)kumpara sa atin sa pinas...driving under the scorching sun is not a problem. recently i drove 3.5 straight hours (riyadh-dammam), 120-160kph speed, one time stop over (10mins), no overheating at all. my car is 1 year old.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Thanks guys for the inputs. Btw, I recently had my car change all the liquids in my car, including ATF, oil, coolant. I decided to have my radiator be cleaned (overhaul), wala lang para lang isang gawaan nlg. Then drove it for around 30kms I think, and I found un water reservoir ko eh ngbbawas. Actually sabi ng mekaniko skn, need daw palitan un radiator cap dahil mejo manipis ndaw. Ito kaya un may culprit? pero kc prior ko pinalinis un radiator ko, hindi naman mxadong ngbbawas un sa reservoir ko.. will post picture here tomorrow.. nsa office pa kc ako

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast